Issue 1: Unable to scan using HP Easy Scan
After updating your macOS to Catalina, if you’re unable to scan a document using the HP Easy Scan software, try the simple and quick troubleshooting method given below.
Update your device OS, to the latest version macOS Catalina, and the HP Easy Scan software (if available) to fix this issue.
- In the System Preferences window on your Mac, click the Software Update button.
- Now, if an update is available, the Update Now button will be displayed on the screen; click on it to update the OS.
Updating the HP Easy Scan software
- Go to your HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 printer’s official support page.
- Click on the Drivers, Software and Firmware tab.
- On the Software Download page, choose your OS type correctly if necessary.
- Locate the HP Easy Scan software and check if an update is available for it.
- If available, download it.
- After downloading the latest version of the printer driver, run it on your computer to fix the scan issue.
Issue 2: Color or Black Ink is not printing
Is your HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 printer’s black or color ink not printing? If yes, try the simple troubleshooting methods given below.
Method 1: Use genuine HP cartridges
- Check if you have installed the genuine HP ink cartridges on your printer.
- If not, remove and replace the existing cartridges with genuine ink cartridges.
- After installing the genuine cartridge(s), print a test page to check whether the "black or color ink not printing" issue is resolved.
Note: You can purchase genuine HP ink cartridges from the HP Store or trusted local retailers.
Method 2: Replace a low or empty ink cartridge
Using low or empty ink cartridges might also cause these kinds of issues. Check the ink levels of the cartridges installed on your printer. If the ink levels are low or empty, replace them with genuine cartridges.
Checking the estimated ink levels
- Locate the Ink Level Indicator icon on your printer’s control panel and tap on it.
- The estimated ink levels of the cartridges will be displayed on the screen.
- As said above, if you find the ink level to be low, replace the cartridges.
Replacing the cartridges
- See if your printer is turned on.
- Gently, open the printer’s ink cartridge access door.
- Take the empty cartridge from its slot.
- Unpack a new genuine HP ink cartridge.
- Install the cartridge in its slots.
- Close the door and print a test page to check the quality of the new ink cartridge.
Method 3: Clean the printhead
If your printer’s printhead is clogged, you may encounter these kinds of issues. In this case, clean the printhead. If the cleaning process doesn’t resolve the issue, replace the printhead with a new one.
Cleaning the printhead
- On the Setup screen of your printer, select Tools > Clean Printhead. Wait for the cleaning process to complete.
- Once it is done, check whether the issue is resolved.
- If not, replace the printhead.
Replacing the printhead
- Get a replacement printhead from the HP Parts Store.
- Open the ink cartridge access door of your printer.
- Remove all the cartridges from their slots.
- Release the latch mounting the printhead.
- Now, gently, take the printhead from the printer.
- Unpack and install the new printhead into the printer.
- After installing it, install the cartridges into their slots.
- Finally, print a test page to check whether the issue is resolved.
These are some of the methods that can be applied to your HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 Troubleshooting. If we have missed any of the issues, then call us to get clarifications.