HP Officejet Pro 8100 Driver
HP provides various drivers and utilities for its printers. For HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 setup, you can install either HP Easy Start or HP Smart. Both the applications are available on the official HP site for download. In addition, you can download the HP Smart app from the App Store or Microsoft Store.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8100 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
You can download the driver for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get it from the official HP site. Make sure you identify your OS version before downloading the driver because it helps you identify a compatible driver.
- Remove any previously installed HP printer driver on your Windows computer.
- Check if the Internet connection is stable.
- Identify your Windows OS version.
Downloading the printer driver:
- Open the default browser and go to the official HP site.
- Type ‘HP OfficeJet Pro 8100’ in the search field and hit the Enter key.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab from the left-side panel.
- On the next page, check if your OS version has been detected and is displayed at the top.
- If your OS version is not detected, click on the Choose a different OS link at the top of the page.
- Select your Windows OS version in the drop-down menu and click Change.
- Choose the required driver from the available list and download it on your computer.
- On your Mac, launch the default browser.
- Go to the official HP site.
- Input your printer’s model number in the search field and hit the Enter key.
- Navigate to the left-side panel and click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Wait until your macOS version is detected.
- If the detected OS version is incorrect, click on the Choose a different OS link. Select the correct OS version from the drop-down menu and click Change.
- Choose the required driver from the available list and click the Download button.
- Wait until the driver is downloaded on your Mac.
You can access the driver from the Downloads section of your browser.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8100 DRIVER INSTALL
Installing the HP Easy Start software:
- First, ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Download the HP Easy Start software from the official HP site and save it on your computer.
- Next, run the setup file to start the installation.
- On Windows, click Yes if the device prompts for User Account Control.
- On Mac, enter the administrator password in the available field and click Continue.
- On the Welcome to HP Easy Start screen, click the Yes button.
- Accept the license agreements to proceed.
- When the software prompts, connect your printer to your computer using a standard USB cable.
- On the Printer found screen, check if your printer is listed.
- If your HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer is not available in the list, click the My Printer is Not Shown button and carry out the on-screen instructions.
- Once the connection is made, install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Finish the rest of the instructions in the HP Easy Start software and check if you can access your printer from your computer.
HP Officejet Pro 8100 Wireless Setup
Before starting the wireless setup:
- Turn on your printer, computer, and router.
- Ensure that your router supports WPS.
- Place your printer close to your router.
- Next, press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons simultaneously until the Power button flashes.
Wireless setup using the WPS Push Button configuration:
- Go to your printer’s control panel.
- Press the Wireless button and hold it for at least five seconds to put your printer into Wi-Fi setup mode.
- Go to your router and locate the WPS button. Press the button until all the LEDs on the router flash.
- Wait for your printer to connect to your wireless network.
- Once the connection is made, press and hold the Wireless and Resume buttons simultaneously to print a network configuration report.
Connecting your printer and computer over Wi-Fi:
The wireless setup isn’t over yet. To access your printer wirelessly from your computer, you should complete the wireless setup through the printer software installation. Here we have given the steps to complete the wireless setup using the HP Smart app.
- To begin with, launch the HP Smart app.
- Click Continue on the Welcome screen.
- If prompted, sign in to your HP account.
- Click the add icon or plus symbol to add a new printer to the HP Smart app.
- Click on Set Up a New Printer and then carry out the on-screen instructions.
- If the HP Smart app does not detect your printer, select the Wireless option as your connection type and click Next.
- Once your printer is detected, verify the wireless setup by printing a test page.